* [org-inlinetask] Inquiry of opinion from all users
@ 2020-02-07 23:45 D
From: D @ 2020-02-07 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

while org-superstar-mode (a minor mode that prettifies org headlines and
item bullets, see
https://github.com/dw-github-mirror/org-superstar-mode) is awaiting it's
debut on MELPA, I am currently doing a few more touch-ups to ensure
quality.  While I am working on providing proper unit tests, I thought I
may take the time to ask a few questions to all people interested using
org-inlinetask:

1) Would you like a mode prettifying header bullets to honor
org-inlinetask-show-first-star?
2) If yes, would you like to have the leading character depend on the
inlinetask's level (or rather, the level it would have had as a
headline), or would you prefer a fixed character, for example, a Dingbat?
3) Header bullets cycle through a user defined list of bullets.  Should
the pair of header bullets (the trailing two stars) be displayed by the
level they would have as headlines?  For example, suppose your headeline
bullets would cycle through (1), (2), (3), (4).  Now suppose
org-inlinetask-min-level was 6.  Should

******

be rendered as

    (1)(1)

(that is, as the *first* inlinetask) or

    (2)(2)
(that is, like a level 6 (mod 4) headline)?

Thank you in advance,

D.

* Re: [org-inlinetask] Inquiry of opinion from all users
@ 2020-02-11  7:55 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-02-11  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: D; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

D <d.williams@posteo.net> writes:

> Thank you in advance,

PS: I don't use org-superstar-mode (yet) so I can't really answer
your questions, but I hope others will do.

--
 Bastien

* Re: [org-inlinetask] Inquiry of opinion from all users
@ 2020-02-11 23:09   ` D
From: D @ 2020-02-11 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks! :)

Right now I am mostly focused on what features people could want from a
package like this without blowing the scope out of proportion.
Currently I mostly stick to vanilla org with a few tweaks (such as using
the same proportions for org-level-X as LaTeX does for sub*sections), so
I will most likely add very few things on my own and keep an eye on
potential requests.  I am aware there were a couple of suggestions on
org-bullets' original GitHub, which I will try to address thoroughly.

Cheers,

D.