* org-remove-occur-highlight ignores BEG and END
@ 2020-09-17 21:53 Nicholas Savage
From: Nicholas Savage @ 2020-09-17 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've been exploring a bit of the code base for Org Mode and I stumbled upon something I wanted to ask the wider community about. I've googled already and didn't find anything. `org-remove-occur-highlight' in org.el takes two optional parameters (alongside a third) BEG and END, but the documentary states that they are ignored. I can see in the code as well that they have no purpose. What is the reasoning for this? The only thing I can think of that could explain it is if the optional parameters are there as placeholders so in the future if they are implemented code that uses `org-remove-occur-highlight' doesn't break since it is assuming the parameters are nil.

Am I on the right track here?

If so, I'm going to take a crack at implementing BEG and END, since I want that functionality for my own personal todo system that might end up with some improvements on Org's end.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-09-17 23:03 UTC | newest]