* Beamer export full frame image
@ 2024-08-22 13:02 Simon Brown
From: Simon Brown @ 2024-08-22 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi,

Is there a way to have a slide that is just a full frame image with caption? With BEAMER_ENV set to fullframe I still have parts of the beamer theme taking up space. I just want the image as big as possible.

Simon

* Re: Beamer export full frame image
@ 2024-08-22 13:07 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-08-22 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Brown; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

"Simon Brown" <lists@700c.org> writes:

> Is there a way to have a slide that is just a full frame image with caption? With BEAMER_ENV set to fullframe I still have parts of the beamer theme taking up space. I just want the image as big as possible.

How would you do it in LaTeX?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Beamer export full frame image
@ 2024-08-22 13:28   ` Simon Brown
From: Simon Brown @ 2024-08-22 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, 22 Aug 2024, at 3:07 PM, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> "Simon Brown" <lists@700c.org> writes:
>
>> Is there a way to have a slide that is just a full frame image with caption? With BEAMER_ENV set to fullframe I still have parts of the beamer theme taking up space. I just want the image as big as possible.
>
> How would you do it in LaTeX?

I can get what I want by editing the tex output and changing the frame parameter to plain:
\begin{frame}[plain,label={sec:orgeb51d2c}]{}
\centering
\includegraphics[width = 0.8\paperwidth]{./images/image.jpg}
\caption{Credit: Photographer}
\end{frame}

But I don't know how to change the frame type in org-mode.

@ 2024-08-22 13:35     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-08-22 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Brown; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Simon Brown" <lists@700c.org> writes:

> On Thu, 22 Aug 2024, at 3:07 PM, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
>> "Simon Brown" <lists@700c.org> writes:
>>
>>> Is there a way to have a slide that is just a full frame image with caption? With BEAMER_ENV set to fullframe I still have parts of the beamer theme taking up space. I just want the image as big as possible.
>>
>> How would you do it in LaTeX?
>
> I can get what I want by editing the tex output and changing the frame parameter to plain:
> \begin{frame}[plain,label={sec:orgeb51d2c}]{}
> \centering
> \includegraphics[width = 0.8\paperwidth]{./images/image.jpg}
> \caption{Credit: Photographer}
> \end{frame}
>
> But I don't know how to change the frame type in org-mode.

[...] is an option for frame environment.
You can use BEAMER_OPT property to configure that.
See 13.8.3 Frames and Blocks in Beamer section of the manual.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Beamer export full frame image
@ 2024-08-22 14:11     ` Simon Brown
From: Simon Brown @ 2024-08-22 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've found the answer, hopefully useful for someone,
Set BEAMER_ENV to fullframe and add plain to  BEAMER_OPT

Simon