* Assistant to remove unused IDs of org-id
@ 2020-04-13 16:45 Marc-Oliver Ihm
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Marc-Oliver Ihm @ 2020-04-13 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

as I use the excellent package org-id in a somewhat non-standard way, I tend to produce IDs, that are not referenced from anywhere. Org-id handles this great and does not suffer in performance, but eventually I want to remove those unreferenced IDs.
Therefore I have written a small interactive assistant:

https://github.com/marcIhm/org-working-set/blob/master/org-id-cleanup.el

to help with removing those IDs.
The assistant (interactive function: org-id-cleanup) is quite detailed with its instructions and checks, so that the risk of doing harm ist reduced to a minimum, although not to zero (therefore the first step is to ask for a backup).

In any case I wonder, if this functionality (removing unreferenced IDs) could be helpful for anyone else.

So please feel free to have a look.
Finally I would be grateful for any comment whatsoever
(e.g. regarding the name of org-id-cleanup.el).

Best regards
Marc