I have added a couple of unit tests to the suite, describing the two functions I added.  I have no unexpectedly failing tests now. I'm explicitly cc-ing Eric Schulte because he's in the header for org-plot.el, and —missing the unit tests for that source— I hope he can assist me not breaking what he wrote.  … I guess I can write also test cases for what already exists, but I will very likely need assistance. best regards, Mario Frasca On 22/05/2020 11:07, Mario Frasca wrote: > good day to you all > > now and then I use emacs to make graphs.  now recently I was plotting > point data, and a running average "fit", so I wanted to have points, > and lines, which I know it's possible in `gnuplot` but now how do I do > that from org-plot … > > I wrote a small patch for org-plot.el, I'm not a Lisp programmer so > I'm sure the patch looks terrible, but it does allow me to do this: > > #+PLOT: ind:1 deps:(3 6 4 7) with:(points lines points lines) > > it's two additions: > > 1. it lets me specify the order in which the dependent columns should > be considered. > > 2. it lets me specify a different `with` for each column, in the same > order. > > if you leave the `with` away, you get "lines" for all columns. > > if you specify only one `with` value, that value is used for all columns. > > if you specify more `deps` than `with`, the ones not specified will > get "lines". > > if you specify more `with` than `deps`, they are ignored. > > I ran the tests, and I get two failing ones, quite unrelated according > to me: > > 2 unexpected results: >    FAILED  ob-exp/evaluate-all-executables-in-order >    FAILED  ob-exp/export-call-line-information > > I have not defined test cases for the new behaviour, I'm willing to do > that (learning the way this test environment works), but I don't find > the location of the other tests related to the area of the program, > which I'm tweaking. > > best regards all, > > Mario Frasca >