From: "Eddward DeVilla" <eddward@gmail.com>
To: Adam Spiers <orgmode@adamspiers.org>,
Subject: Re: SOMEDAY/MAYBE vs. low priorities
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 15:10:46 -0600	[thread overview]

On Dec 30, 2007 12:11 PM, Adam Spiers <orgmode@adamspiers.org> wrote:
> Pros:
>
>   - Priorities become truly orthogonal to workflow, e.g. if your
>     workflow keywords are PROJECT, PROJDONE, NEXT, STARTED, WAITING,
>     DONE etc. then you can mark any of these as someday/maybe
>     priority.  This is quite a big advantage AFAICS.
>
> Cons:
>
>   - By default org agenda TODO searches will operate on all TODO
>     entries, regardless of priority.  This means that you'd have to
>     customise every existing agenda view of TODOs to restrict to only
>     priorities #A to #C, which would be very cumbersome.
>
> What do people think?  Are there other pros/cons, and is there a clean
> solution to "generally" restricting TODO views to #C or higher
> priority?

The con would be less of an issue if there were a more generalized why
to exclude things from agenda.  Kinda how you don't have to tell
agenda not to show you 'done' items or items tagged ARCHIVE.  You
could add your someday priority.  I would consider it a general filter
that takes items out of agenda view unless explicitly overridden in a
query.  It would probably introduce a bunch of other issues though.

Edd