Hello, Here is the current jot-mode (I think...the latest version is at my lab and is, I think, much less buggy when it comes to showing levels) along with some documentation and a lot of TODOs. It's pretty dirty, and I'd greatly appreciate input. When people think it's at a releasable state, I'll put it up on Worg/EmacsWiki. Thanks, - Raffi. On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote: > At Sun, 5 Jul 2009 10:57:34 -0400, > Raffi R wrote: >> >> I've written a very quick and dirty derived mode for org that >> implements the following keystrokes: >> Tab is demote. >> Shift-tab is promote. >> Enter is org-insert-heading. >> C-tab is the old Shift-Tab >> C-j is the old Return. >> >> I know it messes with the default org configuration, which is part of >> why I have not posted it anywhere, but it works *extremely* well for >> me when I'm taking notes e.g. in lecture, and I find myself using >> jot-mode (what I named it) just as often as org-mode proper. >> >> If people are interested, I'd be glad to email it/post it on EmacsWiki >> or Worg (although I should warn you, it is probably very unstylish >> Elisp, too!). > > I cannot speak for others but I'm interested, especially having > recently acquired a Nokia N800 internet tablet... where keystrokes are > to be minimised and your bindings sound quite appropriate for note > taking.  Please post here or on wiki/worg sites. >