On Wed, 28 Dec 2016, Andrea wrote: > > Hello, > > thanks for org mode, it is great! > I am having a problem with the latest version of org: I really would > like to be able to export buffers in a different directory, and so far I > used the :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: property for this use case. > > However, after upgrading to the latest release it seems that something > does not work anymore: the pdf file is generated but the output > directory is ignored! > > You could reproduce this by: I cannot reproduce this. I get files /tmp/bla.pdf /tmp/bla.tex and my reader opens the former file. FWIW, there have been some discussions in recent months about pdf export. On my macbook, C-h v org-latex-pdf-process RET gives: org-latex-pdf-process is a variable defined in ‘ox-latex.el’. Its value is ("latexmk -g -pdf -pdflatex=\"%latex\" -outdir=%o %f") Original value was ("%latex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f" "%latex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f" "%latex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f") [...] which works for macOS Sierra. See the full docstring for details. IIRC, the original value does not work for me to export to another directory. HTH, Chuck