From: "Charles C. Berry" <ccberry@ucsd.edu>
To: Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com>
Cc: Org Mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: including external file in src block execution; ATTR_HTML on src blocks
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 19:52:23 -0800	[thread overview]

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016, Matt Price wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 12:16 PM, Charles C. Berry <ccberry@ucsd.edu> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 12 Dec 2016, Matt Price wrote:
>>

>> [snip]
>>

>>> My questions are:
>>> 1. can I pass this html attribute to the <pre><code> block somehow?
>>>

>> Yes.
>>
>> ATTR_HTML doesn't seem to work.  Is this a bug? If so, should I try to fix
>>> it?
>>>

>> No and no.
>>
>> Did you try
>>
>> : (plist-get (cadr src-block) :attr_html)
>>
>> in `org-html-src-block' ?
>>

> ah, ok.  Now I will reveal some of the depths of my ignorance.  Looks like
> :attr_html is a plist (right?).

No, it is a property name. (cadr src-block) is the plist.

See (info "(elisp) Property Lists")

> (a) what is the appropriate way to identify an attribute here.  should I
> write, e.g.:
>
> #+ATTR_HTML: :data-external-libs "http://underscorejs.org/underscore-min.js"
> :class "list of classes"

Any could be made to work, but I'd use (a). Then

: (org-babel-parse-header-arguments
:  (car (plist-get (cadr src-block) :attr_html)))

will give you

: ((:data-external-libs . "http://underscorejs.org/underscore-min.js")
:   (:class . "list of classes"))

> or:
> #+ATTR_HTML: data-external-libs "http://underscorejs.org/underscore-min.js"
> class "list of classes"
> or
> #+ATTR_HTML: "data-external-libs" "http://underscorejs.org/underscore-min.js"
> "class" "list of classes"
>
> And then, if I want to transform this into:
>
> data-external-libs="http://underscorejs.org/underscore-min.js" class="list
> of classes"
>
> can I just do something like:
> (let ((attributes (org-export-get-attribute :attr_html src-block))
>  (cl-loop for (key value) in attributes
>    (collect (concat key "=" "\"" value "\" " ))))
>
> or do I need to transform the key into a string first?

Well, I'd just try it and see.

> I'm sorry to be writing such basic lisp questions; obviously I need to read
> a really good lisp introduction, but I haven't found one yet.

This is what I use:

* Elisp: (elisp).               The Emacs Lisp Reference Manual.
* Emacs Lisp Intro: (eintr).    A simple introduction to Emacs Lisp programming.

and ample Googling, usually leading to StackOverflow, to get hints on
stuff I am fuzzy on. And I read docstrings over and over and ...

Best,

Chuck