On 30 December 2022, Thomas S. Dye wrote: > Org's latex exporter is exceptionally capable. AFAICT, it doesn't have > practical limits on the LaTeX it produces, at least for my academic use case. > I'm able to use all of the LaTeX packages I've ever wanted to use. Me too, and the more I use Org with LaTeX, the more I'm seeing how I can use Org as a way to organize a large publishing project: use literate programming and export the LaTeX piece by piece, documenting what I'm doing; use source blocks to run necessary code to prepare images or files before inclusion; and so on. Using Org (simple markup plus some +latex_header lines) and exporting to LaTeX is straightforward enough ... managing a project, with the LaTeX as code to be generated, can get a lot more complicated, but on the other hand, Org makes that kind of thing simpler. (Of course, anything involving LaTeX is bound to get complicated pretty soon.) I've learned a lot from several regulars on this mailing list, including Juan Manuel Macías, who does remarkable work on dictionaries and translations. Here's an example: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2021-06/msg00348.html Along with all the other recommendations, it's worth looking at the user guide for the memoir class, which is great for books: https://www.ctan.org/pkg/memoir It'll be somewhere on your system as memman.pdf. I learned a lot about page design and LaTeX from it. Cheers, Bill -- William Denton https://www.miskatonic.org/ Librarian, artist and licensed private investigator. Toronto, Canada