* [FEATURE] On line-numbers inside Org Babel Source Blocks.
@ 2024-08-07 13:59 divya
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: divya @ 2024-08-07 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello, Org Mode!

I've been using Org Mode for literate programming purposes, and would like to have line-numbers within `src` blocks. I am able to export the Org buffer and get the line-numbers, but I am unable to do the same with regards to just in Org buffers. I am aware of `org-edit-special`, but I would rather appreciate if I can just look at a piece of code and know how long it is. I believe a header argument can be useful in toggling this.

Since the source blocks can already implement syntax highlighting, font and other means of interacting with displaying Babel source blocks, theoretically this shouldn't be that difficult to implement? I'd be glad to help implementing this feature, if I can be slightly guided on where to refer to look for in the codebase.

Regards,

Divya Ranjan