* [Orgmode] Org-mode version 4.48
@ 2006-09-08 12:59 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-09-08 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I am releasing Org-mode 4.48, as usually at the address

http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/

The emacs CVS version continues to lag behind because of the
pre-release feature freeze.

Changes in Version 4.48
-----------------------

    - Agenda views can be made in batch mode from the command line.
      Thanks to Pete Phillips for the idea.

      The following example sends the TODO agenda view directly to
      the printer:

        emacs -batch -l ~/.emacs -eval '(org-batch-agenda "t")' | lpr

    - `org-store-link' does the right thing in dired-mode.
      Thanks to Xiao-Yong Yin for pushing this.

      C-c l will now store a link to the file in the current line
      in a dired-mode buffer.  If the line is in the "." line
      indicating a directory, the link points to the directory.
      If there are several files selected, org-mode will
      ignore this selection, because I don't want to store links
      to many files at the same time

    - File links can contain environment variables
      Thanks to Ed Hirgelt for this fix

	  Example: [[file:$projects/italian_job.org]]

    - Full Emacs 21 compatibility has been restored with David's recent
      release of org-publish 1.76.

    - Bug fixes, thanks to all who sent reports.

Enjoy

- Carsten

* Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode version 4.48
@ 2006-09-08 16:53 ` Ed Hirgelt
From: Ed Hirgelt @ 2006-09-08 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 9/8/06, Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:

> I am releasing Org-mode 4.48, as usually at the address

Carsten, I found a difference in exporting between 4.47 & 4.48.  The
attached file demonstrates the problem and the HTML that was generated.

Thanks,
Ed

--
Ed Hirgelt     925.324.8563

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen
and thinking what nobody has thought.

[-- Attachment #2: bullet.org --]

#+STARTUP: showall
#+TITLE: Org 4.48 export difference

* The Problem

  With 4.48, bulleted items must be separated by a blank line.  If not,
  pairsof items will appear together in the resulting output.  The first item
  below is exported properly, the second isn't.

** Emacs Version

   21.4 (patch 19) "Constant Variable" XEmacs Lucid  (Cygwin)

* Bullet items -- with blank

  + First

  + Second

  + Third

* Bullet items -- without blank

  + First
  + Second
  + Third
  + Fourth

* Similar Problem with headings

  A similar problem (or the same one) involves outline headings that are not
  separated by blank lines as the three items

** Heading 1
** Heading 2
** Heading 3

[-- Attachment #3: bullet.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 2876 bytes --]

* Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode version 4.48
@ 2006-09-08 17:20 ` Xiao-Yong Jin
From: Xiao-Yong Jin @ 2006-09-08 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thanks for the release.

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

>    - `org-store-link' does the right thing in dired-mode.
>      Thanks to Xiao-Yong Yin for pushing this.

My last name is Jin.  :-)

>      C-c l will now store a link to the file in the current line
>      in a dired-mode buffer.  If the line is in the "." line
>      indicating a directory, the link points to the directory.
>      If there are several files selected, org-mode will
>      ignore this selection, because I don't want to store links
>      to many files at the same time

Reasonable.  Dealing with multiple links requires much more effort,
and I can't think of a way to do this easily.

--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode version 4.48
@ 2006-09-08 17:44   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-09-08 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Hirgelt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I am messing up, sorry.  I have taken 4.48 off the net and will try to
fix this before getting back with 4.49.  Thanks for the clear report -
very helpful.

- Carsten

--
Carsten Dominik