Robert, Thank you for pointing out that `org-link-mailto-program' should not be recommended in FAQ any more. I prepared an alternative patch that recommends to customize Emacs variables at first. I hope, an example is safer now, however I can not test it on MacOS. Could you, please, review the patch, since I may miss something important from your point of view? On 07/01/2022 18:03, Max Nikulin wrote: > On 07/01/2022 01:34, Robert Goldman wrote: >> >> +You can also change the function used to a different one.  For >> +example, the following function (on MacOS) opens =mailto:= links in >> +the =MailMate= program: I am unsure if MailMate is acceptable since it is a proprietary application. Org is a part of *GNU* Emacs, so it may be better to mention some free mail user agent. >> +#+begin_src elisp >> +("mailto" :follow >     ^ > It seems, `org-link-set-parameters' is missed. I am sorry, I missed that you suggested to customize the `org-link-parameters' variable, so function call is not necessary here.