In my limited experience, I have already encountered this and been surprised. I can see it both ways: - On one hand: technically, the lead up of asterisks and the actual text define the headline itself, as Carsten has pointed out. - On the other hand, from a user standpoint I think it would be convenient. I am not well versed in my keyboard-shortcut-fu, but I'm practicing and use M-a/e a bit. One of the reasons this behavior is a bit annoying is that M-a leads one to the spot /after/ an ellipsis. From there I want to press tab and see the headline... but no dice. I admit that I can begin to use the shortcuts specifically for navigating headlines. Learning a little at a time and so currently I don't. Anyway, my vote goes to expand it, even if technically the cursor is after the 'body' since the 'body' is represented by the ellipsis. I think once it is folded it serves only as a representation of the headline, not anything useful having to do with actual folded text anymore. John On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 3:38 AM, wrote: > > On 26 Mar 2010, at 07:32, Carsten Dominik wrote: > > > On Mar 24, 2010, at 7:04 PM, Anthony Lander wrote: > > > >> If the cursor is after the elipsis on a folded entry like this: > >> > >> **** Some entry...| > >> > >> pressing TAB doesn't expand the entry, or in fact, do anything useful at > all. Is it possible to get it to expand the entry, or am I missing > something? > > > > Cursor after the dots means the cursor is no longer in the headline, > > in fact it is no longer in the entry at all. > > Well, that may be technically correct, but from a UI point of view it > isn't. We're still one the same (head)_line_, no? > > Not that I find this an important issue to fix, mind you :-) > > Cheers, > Peter. > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode >