* file local filter functions
@ 2024-07-28 19:21 Orm Finnendahl
From: Orm Finnendahl @ 2024-07-28 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

 I'm trying to define a filter function local to a file for the final
output filter, but it doesn't seem to work.

This works:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports results :results none
  (defun hiho (s backend info)
    (message "HiHo")
    s)
  (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-final-output-functions 'hiho)
#+END_SRC

But it destructively changes 'org-export-filter-final-output-functions

Trying to define a file local filter doesn't work:

#+BIND: org-export-filter-final-output-functions (hiho)
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports results :results none
  (defun hiho (s backend info)
    (message "HiHo")
    s)
#+END_SRC

This is developed based on the explanations in the org manual here:

https://orgmode.org/manual/Advanced-Export-Configuration.html#Filters

What am I doing wrong?

--
Orm

* Re: file local filter functions
@ 2024-07-28 19:56 ` András Simonyi
From: András Simonyi @ 2024-07-28 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear All,

On Sun, 28 Jul 2024 at 21:22, Orm Finnendahl
<orm.finnendahl@selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de> wrote:

> Trying to define a file local filter doesn't work:
>
> #+BIND: org-export-filter-final-output-functions (hiho)
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports results :results none
>   (defun hiho (s backend info)
>     (message "HiHo")
>     s)
> #+END_SRC

a long shot, but maybe you haven't set the variable
=org-export-allow-bind-keywords= to a non-nil value?

best wishes,
András

* Re: file local filter functions
@ 2024-07-29  6:49   ` Orm Finnendahl
From: Orm Finnendahl @ 2024-07-29  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi András,

Am Sonntag, den 28. Juli 2024 um 21:56:16 Uhr (+0200) schrieb András
Simonyi:
> a long shot, but maybe you haven't set the variable
> =org-export-allow-bind-keywords= to a non-nil value?

 that was it, thanks so much! I wasn't aware of that variable.

--
Orm