On Wed, Jun 19, 2024 at 12:06:42AM +0200, Rudolf Adamkovič wrote: > Ihor Radchenko writes: > > > Can we instead store them in memory? Yes, but (1) it will make Emacs RAM > > consumption grow constantly and more and more previews are generated; > > (2) it will require significant changes in the Org mode codebase. > > And, (3) all previews would be lost every time one shuts down their > computer, say for the night, or even restarts Emacs, which would be > terrible experience. I was one of those clamouring for a "master switch". I'm aware of all of that. I can live with that (not everyone will, that's why it should be optional). I arrived at the impression that the discussion was becoming unproductive, that's why I gave up and went with the non-existing directory trick. Cheers -- t