On Thu, Nov 03, 2022 at 08:03:05PM -0700, Samuel Wales wrote: > i wonder if emacs or org has what you might call semi-literate or > etaretil docstring functions? > > for example, you have a body of non-literate elisp code, and you have > a manual. it could be redundant to describe commands and what they do > and their options, if the docstrings are good. > > why not include the docstrings of all commands in some nice format in > the .org manual via some mechanism? Ah. Javadoc and their descendants. I tend to call that "illiterate programming"... > would that be a good practice? seems useful abstractly. ... but I might be biased. I tend to detest its results. Especially composed with languages having compulsive type declarations. Cheers -- t