On Wed, Nov 02, 2022 at 01:36:00PM -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote: > .emacs could be used for orgmode as well as init.el. I have all my > orgmode stuff in my .emacs. > What I don't yet know are any advantages of using init.el as opposed to > .emacs. I switched (long ago) from .emacs to init.el. The reason was just having one top-level directory (.emacs.d) in my home directory where all "the other local emacs-y stuff" goes. I also separated custom.el out, to give customize an own file to chew on: it's happier this way :-) (I have lots of other things in .emacs.d, neatly packaged in different little boxes -- oops, there they are, again ;-) Cheers -- t