* Bug: TexInfo: Links to listified headlines don't work [9.4.5 (release_9.4.5-279-g80bce0 @ /home/rameshnedunchezian/src/org-mode/lisp/)]
@ 2021-04-10  1:32 Ramesh Nedunchezian
From: Ramesh Nedunchezian @ 2021-04-10  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

See attachments.

In the attached files, there are links pointing to itemized headlines
... and the problem is the items have no anchors associated with it.

See

    (info "(texinfo) @anchor")

[-- Attachment #2: *Org INFO Texinfo Output*.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 295 bytes --]

helmdocumentation.org.texi:3: warning: @setfilename missing argument
helmdocumentation.org.texi:9: warning: @dircategory missing argument
helmdocumentation.org.texi:16: warning: @title missing argument
helmdocumentation.org.texi:90: @ref reference to nonexistent node `Grepping on remote files'

[-- Attachment #3: helmdocumentation.org.texi --]
[-- Type: text/x-texinfo, Size: 2115 bytes --]

\input texinfo    @c -*- texinfo -*-
@c %**start of header
@setfilename
@settitle helmdocumentation.org
@documentencoding UTF-8
@documentlanguage en
@c %**end of header

@dircategory
@direntry
* .                     .
@end direntry

@finalout
@titlepage
@title
@author Ramesh Nedunchezian Ramesh Nedunchezian
@end titlepage

@contents

@ifnottex
@node Top
@top helmdocumentation.org
@end ifnottex

@menu
* Helm Find Files::

@detailmenu
--- The Detailed Node Listing ---

Helm Find Files

* Tips::

Tips

* Grep files from ‘helm-find-files’::
* Using TRAMP with ‘helm-find-files’ to read remote directories::

@end detailmenu
@end menu

@node Helm Find Files
@chapter Helm Find Files

@menu
* Tips::
@end menu

@node Tips
@section Tips

@menu
* Grep files from ‘helm-find-files’::
* Using TRAMP with ‘helm-find-files’ to read remote directories::
@end menu

@node Grep files from ‘helm-find-files’
@subsection Grep files from ‘helm-find-files’

You can grep individual files from ‘helm-find-files’ by using
‘C-s’.  This same command can also
recursively grep files from the current directory when called with a prefix
argument.  In this case you will be prompted for the file extensions to use
(grep backend) or the types of files to use (ack-grep backend).  See the
‘helm-grep-default-command’ documentation to set this up.  For compressed files
or archives, use zgrep with ‘M-g z’.

@enumerate
@item
Grepping on remote files

On remote files grep is not well supported by TRAMP unless you suspend updates before
entering the pattern and re-enable it once your pattern is ready.
To toggle suspend-update, use ‘C-!’.
@end enumerate

@node Using TRAMP with ‘helm-find-files’ to read remote directories
@subsection Using TRAMP with ‘helm-find-files’ to read remote directories

‘helm-find-files’ works fine with TRAMP despite some limitations.

@itemize
@item
Grepping files is not very well supported when used incrementally.
@end itemize
See @ref{Grepping on remote files}.

@itemize
@item
Locate does not work on remote directories.
@end itemize

@bye

[-- Attachment #4: helmdocumentation.org.org --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.lotus-organizer, Size: 1835 bytes --]

* Re: Bug: TexInfo: Links to listified headlines don't work [9.4.5 (release_9.4.5-279-g80bce0 @ /home/rameshnedunchezian/src/org-mode/lisp/)]
  2021-04-10  1:32 Bug: TexInfo: Links to listified headlines don't work [9.4.5 (release_9.4.5-279-g80bce0 @ /home/rameshnedunchezian/src/org-mode/lisp/)] Ramesh Nedunchezian
@ 2021-04-10 10:30 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2021-04-10 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ramesh Nedunchezian; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Ramesh Nedunchezian <rameshnedunchezian@outlook.com> writes:

> In the attached files, there are links pointing to itemized headlines
> ... and the problem is the items have no anchors associated with it.

Fixed. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou

@ 2021-04-10 11:31   ` Ramesh Nedunchezian
From: Ramesh Nedunchezian @ 2021-04-10 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 10/04/21 4:00 pm, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ramesh Nedunchezian <rameshnedunchezian@outlook.com> writes:
>
>> In the attached files, there are links pointing to itemized headlines
>> ... and the problem is the items have no anchors associated with it.
>
> Fixed. Thank you.

With this and previous fix, I am able to generate info file for the
helm documentation.

Info files are easier on eyes compared to markup files ...