Ryan Scott writes: > I've been working through a few different approaches. What's shaping up is something more general, having a special value > for directory parameters (i.e. 'attach) and auto-detection of link paths that are in the attachment directory. > The latest iterations don't move any files around, so can't actually enforce the output directory. That makes it safer > overall as with my initial patch if you were to return a path to something you didn't want moved to your attachment > directory you might get very surprising results. I used to created a similar function extension called "ob-clojure-literate.el" for ob-clojure.el. One functionality is to save plotting result image to a header argument :dir specified directory. But it's a little complicated. Then later I found another solution through *header argument evaluation*: #+begin_src clojure :results file link :dir "data/images" :file "ob-clojure-incanter-move.png" :var dir=(concat (file-name-directory (buffer-file-name)) "data/images/") (use '(incanter core io charts stats)) (import '(java.io File)) (def hist (histogram (sample-normal 1000))) (save hist "ob-clojure-incanter-move.png") (.renameTo (File. "ob-clojure-incanter-move.png") (File. (str dir "ob-clojure-incanter-move.png"))) #+end_src But this code has a disadvantage: This solution breaks Literate Programming tangling concept by introduced un-reimplemented variable ~dir~. > > I'll post a new patch with a different approach in a little bit. > > On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 5:06 PM Christopher M. Miles wrote: > > Ihor Radchenko writes: > > Greg Minshall writes: > > i can imagine wanting to have input files and output files in separate directories. (for ease in "make > clean", if for no other conceptual reason.) (but, probably i don't understand.) > > I agree with this thought. We should separate two directories. > > Makes sense. Currently, there is :dir header arg to set working directory (aka input files directory). Maybe we > can introduce something like :results-dir header arg to set the output directory? It's value can be a directory > path or symbol 'attach. > > `:results file :results-dir 'attach` will be equivalent of `:results file attach` in the patch proposed by Ryan > Scott. > > WDYT? > > I agree with this idea. Use :results-dir 'attach is better. > > Will the patch be updated? > > Best, Ihor > > <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign> > -- > [ stardiviner ] > I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express. > > Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/ > IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner > GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3