And it is *with* the attachment. Kind regards, LRA Sep 18, 2024, 02:26 by lra@phdk.org: > Hello org-mode mailing list > > Long time, first time. This is just a tiny patch fixing a regression > in org-persist--find-index that was missed in the 95f77669e0 bugfix. It affects > calls to org-persist-read that don't use a list of containers, > e.g. those in ox-latex's precompile function. > > I was having some issues getting the org-latex-preview branch to run > smoothly when the xref-find-def trail led me to realize that it wasn't > just my setup causing trouble. In the process of compiling a bug > report I ended up fixing it on my end and thought I might as well send > it your way and save sombody else the trouble. I took the liberty of > clarifying a related comment that confused me a bit while working out > the logic of the function. > > (This is just a quick fix of the specific regression, a more proper > solution would probably move all the logic concerning container lists > further up in the chain. However, actually doing something like > rewriting o-p--normalize-container to achieve that is above my > pay-grade. My experience writing elisp basically comes from writing a > few advice-hacks to get stuff to do what I want, so feel free to > reject and forget if you think this deserves a full treatment.) > > MWE running with -Q and org compiled from git (taken from the > examples in org-persist documentation): >   (let ((info1 "test") >         (info2 "test 2")) >     (org-persist-register >      `("Named data" (elisp info1 local) (elisp info2 local)) >      nil :write-immediately t)) >   (org-persist-read >    "Named data" >    nil nil nil :read-related t) > > Expected result: org-persist-read will return ("Named data" "test" "test 2") > Current result: it returns nil > > Kind regards, > LRA > > P.S. Thank you all for all the hard work you put into this > wonderful tool. It does not go unappreciated! > >