Thanks Bastien. > Do you use a link abbreviation for doi: links ? > >> When I export this document to HTML the DOI link gets converted into a >> broken hyperlink. It should be converted into >> https://doi.org/10.1186/s12864-016-2377-z as explained >> in https://www.doi.org/. >> > > If you use a link abbreviation. > >> Following the link from the org file with C-c C-o works fine, though. >> >> It'd be great if this could get fixed, as DOI links are incredibly >> helpful when dealing with bibliographic items. >> > > What version of Emacs and Org are you using? > I'm not using a link abbreviation for doi: links. I can reproduce this bug running a stock Emacs (27.1) and stock Org (9.4-elpa) i.e., no init file. I encountered this bug for the first time a few months ago, when I first used doi: links. I hope this helps.