Hi, I thought about four possible solutions to include Powershell 7 in Emacs. I understand that Powershell 5.1 is not Open Source. But is is not the case with Powershell 7. I share my idea with ncherry@linuxha.com below. I am still not very familiar with the vast emacs universe. But I am very good in generating ideas. Unfortunately, I am not very confident to get my ideas working on my own. Yours sincerely Stanislaw -- Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox: https://tutanota.com Date: Jun 9, 2020, 22:37 From: stanislaw_lem@tutanota.com To: ncherry@linuxha.com Subject: Re: FWD: Org-Babel Support for Powershell > Hi, > > recently, I got some hints from Google Bing. Jupyter notebook offer a powershell kernel. Jupyter notebook can be accessed from Emacs. I thought of several ways to include Powershell in emacs: > > I. Use Powershell kernel in Jupyter notebook. Use Emacs to access Jupyter notebook > > The Powershell kernel is community-driven and Azure actually use it. The Powershell kernel is used with Anaconda - that is not light-weight. > > https://github.com/Jaykul/Jupyter-PowerShel > l > > Emacs supports w3m - a text browser - Microsoft recommends installing Windows Server OS without GUI, because you can avoid update problems. > > II. Adapt polymode in Emacs for Powershell > > But I think, we need something like webmode in order to mix different code snippets. I take a look how polymode work in emacs this weekend. > > III. Use language-agnostic literate programming tool > > I got another idea to find a very simple language-agnostic literate programming tool. > > https://github.com/zyedidia/Literate > > This little language-agnostic tool looks very simple - maybe it can be adapt for powershell. It used awk to extract the code snippets inside the code fences > > https://github.com/0atman/blaze > > IV. Embedding Powershell in Python or Ruby and make configuration readable with reverse literate programming tool > > Another idea of mine is embedding Powershell code in Python and Ruby code and make it readable with a reverse literate programming tool: > > Python support: > https://github.com/7enderhead/antiweb > > Ruby support: > https://github.com/orenbenkiki/codnar > > I am not very familiar with all these tools. Maybe someone has daily experience with these toolsand can publish his configurations. > > Yours sincerely > > Stanislaw > > -- > Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox: > https://tutanota.com > > > Jun 9, 2020, 15:08 by ncherry@linuxha.com: > >> On 6/6/20 10:01 AM, stardiviner wrote: >> >>> I remember already there are some ob-powershell relative projects. You might >>> want to work and improve features on those work. And integrate it into Org Mode. >>> >>> - https://gist.github.com/cbilson/ae0d90d163be4d769f8a15ddb58292bc >>> >> >> Using this in Windows 10. >> >> I found that I've had to change: >> >> "-NoLogo -NonInteractive")) >> >> to >> >> "-NoLogo -NonInteractive -ExecutionPolicy Bypass ")) ;;; need to avoid MS no scripts policy >> >> I needed to user powershell to get around some of the stdout issues with cygwin >> and mgwin. >> >> I've not used powershell before so I'm still learning it. Definitely not in >> Unix anymore. Thirty five years of Unix and DOS makes this a very strange >> beast. >> >>> - https://github.com/togakangaroo/ob-pwsh >>> >> >> I hadn't seen this one, I'll take a look at it later. >> >> -- >> Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry ncherry@linuxha.com >> http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site >> http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog >> Author of: Linux Smart Homes For Dummies >> > >