Hi Tim, First you must make sure to allow property inheritance. That can be done by setting org-attach-use-inheritance to t. Then add the DIR property to a property block for the file, or using a property keyword. I.e. either this: #+begin_src org :PROPERTIES: :DIR: ~/.foo/data :END: #+end_src #+begin_src org ,#+PROPERTY DIR ~/.foo/data #+end_src Running org-attach with option s will give you a prompt that will set DIR for you. If you invoke that before first headline it should result in a DIR property that applies for the whole buffer (when org-attach-use-inheritance is set to t that is). Note that property blocks before first headline is a new feature for version 9.4 and currently only exist in the master branch. Regards Gustav From: Emacs-orgmode On Behalf Of Tim Visher Sent: den 5 mars 2020 16:28 To: Emacs Org Mode mailing list Subject: File Scoped Properties? Hello, I'm trying to get org-attach to use a different data directory for a particular file. My understanding is that this is controlled by `org-attach-id-dir` by default but can be overridden at the file or entry level by use of the `DIR` property. I can successfully override it at the entry level by adding `DIR` to the entries properties but I can't figure out how to set it for all entries in the file. I tried: ``` #+DIR: ~/.foo/data ``` as the first line of the file. I _am_ able to get it to work by adding a file local variable like ``` # Local Variables: # org-attach-id-dir: "~/.foo/data" # End: ``` but then whenever I open the file it tells me it's possibly not safe to set that. Any ideas? -- In Christ, Timmy V. https://blog.twonegatives.com https://five.sentenc.es