Ihor - Thanks for replying. Some initial reply thoughts. > On Oct 20, 2024, at 2:51 AM, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > > It would be nice if you summarized the feature request in a few > sentences in the email. The link may or may not be available for future > readers in 10+ years from now. Understood. I’ll prepare a more formal RFC in a forthcoming email. > As we briefly discussed during the meetup, I believe that we can > integrate mouse support into M-x org-table-edit-formulas: > - when in fedit buffer, clicking/dragging on the original table should > insert reference into the formula buffer > In trying to understand better what mouse support means, I’ve tried to formalize this with a state machine as described below. Is this proposed behavior along the lines of what you were thinking? * Proposed Mouse Region to Org Table Reference Behavior Described below is a proposed state machine description of mapping a region or rectangle defined by a mouse to an Org table reference.