Excellent, I'll wait for your further input. Thanks Nicolas! - Carsten On 25.9.2013, at 09:45, Nicolas Girard wrote: > 2013/9/25 Carsten Dominik : >> >> On 19.9.2013, at 11:38, Nicolas Girard wrote: >> >>> I actually have some working code that does this. It lies in a file I >>> named 'minimal.tex', which I include into all my latex code using >>> \input{minimal}\makeatletter >> >> Hi Nicolas, >> >> of I were to include this code not via \input, but directly, somewhere in the header, >> is there something special with makeatletter/makeatother that I have to do? >> > > Good morning Carsten, > > Despite being silent, I didn't forget about this thread ;-) > > I came to think that, having a piece of code that brings > cross-compatibility between the 3 engines would be of interest to > people outside of the Org community. But this is not trivial, > especially if the code has to work with older TeX distributions (a > reasonable expectation would be that it works with, say, TeXlive 2011 > and TeXlive 2012). > > For instance, one difficulty is language specifics. pdflatex has Babel > ; xelatex has polyglossia ; and lualatex didn't have any equivalent > package until a recent version of polyglossia that comes with the most > recent TeX distributions. > > For these reasons, I would like to submit this question, with my code > as a starting point, to the tex.stackexchange.com community, so that > it is peer reviewed and we hopefully get something solid. I'm > currently working on it and intend to post either today or tomorrow. > Stay tuned ! > > Cheers, > Nicolas