On 13.9.2013, at 10:01, Detlef Steuer wrote: > Hi! > >> Hello, >> >> Rasmus writes: >> >>> So the question is should it be a default package? >>> >>> I think not. E.g. tabu isn't loaded. Amsmath isn't loaded if you >>> generate a matrix. >> >> I think the "tabu" case (and longtable...) is different from "rotating". >> >> No feature in Org requires "tabu" or "longtable" unless user explicitly >> writes "tabu" or "longtable" somewhere in the buffer (i.e. >> in :environment attribute). >> >> On the other hand, "rotating" or "wrapfig" may be needed without the >> user knowing about it (e.g. when setting :float or :wrap attributes). >> >> Therefore, I think "wrapfig" and "rotating" belong to the same boat. >> Either we require them both in default packages, or we do not require >> any and add a footnote about it in the manual. I have no preference. >> > > I think it is more consistent to provide these packages automagically. > > There seems no downside besides slightly longer latex startup times. > Org already loads some default packages to perform its export magic. > Why not try to be "feature" complete in the sense Nicloas describes: > User doesn't try something special with latex, but uses > commands/options provided by org, so a bare bone export can be expected > work. > > Personally I would appreciate it very much if org followed the > principle of least surprise in these cases, as these surprises tend to > show up, if time is running out ;-) OK, let me ask like this: Does anyone know about conflicts arising from loading wrapfig and rotating? - Carsten > > Just my two user cents. > > Detlef > > >> On the same line, we could remove "longtable" from >> `org-latex-default-packages-alist', if only to spare a few kittens. >> >> WDYT? >> >> >> Regards, >> >> -- >> Nicolas Goaziou >> >> > > >