From: Axel Kielhorn <org-mode@axelkielhorn.de>
Subject: Re: Bug: keys C-c C-c do not update in Emacs app, but in Terminal emacs
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 09:46:09 +0200	[thread overview]

> Am 14.08.2016 um 08:55 schrieb Maria Shinoto <maria@shinoto.de>:
>
> Now, I will explain the behaviour on my Macbook.
>
> My test buffer (file, in org mode) looks like this:
>
> *****
> * A test todo [/]
>  [X] checkbox
>  [ ] another checkbox
> *****
>
> Two things I observe:
>
> **1** As far as I understand, the counter in the headline should update with C-c C-c. Instead, I am asked to enter a tag, and this tag will then be set.

You have to be on the [/].
If you are anywhere else on the line the default behavior is indeed to set a tag.

> **2** When I try C-c C-c with the cursor on the checkbox line, it should change the state of the line and that of the counter -- if I understand correctly. But I get another message "C-c C-c can do nothing useful at this location.“

Right, because you are not in a list, use:

*****
* A test todo [/]
 - [X] checkbox
 - [ ] another checkbox
*****

BTW, you should get exactly the same behavior in the shell.

In case you want to use the same Emacs in the shell and in GUI, add

/Applications/Emacs\ 24.5.app/Contents/MacOS/
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ adjust as appropriate

to your PATH.

Axel
—
And again we see the usefulness of the ECM, long live the ECM.