On 11.9.2013, at 14:08, Eric S Fraga wrote: > Rasmus writes: > >> Hi Eric, >> >> Eric S Fraga writes: >>> A minor feature request. Feel free to ignore! >>> >>> Using the sidewaystable :float option for table exports to LaTeX >>> requires one to manually add a >>> >>> #+LaTeX_header: \usepackage{rotating} >>> >>> line to the org file. Could this package be added automatically by the >>> exporter if the sidewaystable option is present? >> >> My 2¢: >> >> I think the policy is that the ox-latex ain't going to track packages. >> Aaron made some patches for this some time ago, but they weren't >> included. >> >> So the question is should it be a default package? >> >> I think not. E.g. tabu isn't loaded. Amsmath isn't loaded if you >> generate a matrix. > > Okay. I can live with this! > > I guess it would help if the documentation indicated when additional > packages may be required. I had to do an internet search to find out I > needed the rotating package for the sidewaystable option described in > the org info pages. Well, this is documented on the LaTeX pages. Why would you duplicate this in Org's documentation? And What part of the LaTeX documentation exactly? > >> Also, a kitten dies every time the length of >> org-latex-default-packages-alist increases! That is a terrible thought. :) > > ;-) > > Thanks, > eric > > -- > : Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.1.1-7-gaecdf5 > >