* Remove orgx files
@ 2011-07-19  3:30 Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2011-07-19  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've recently started using org-mode to export to html,
and I have empty .orgx files laying around in my directory.

Is there a way have the publish routine delete these .orgx files after
exporting,
or is there a way to specify that they should be created in ~/tmp or
something like that?

I can manually do it or put it in my batch script, but it seems like something
that should be done by org-mode, and I'm just missing something.

Thanks,

--Nate

* Re: Remove orgx files
@ 2011-07-27 12:37 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-27 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Neff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nathan,

Nathan Neff <nathan.neff@gmail.com> writes:

> I've recently started using org-mode to export to html,
> and I have empty .orgx files laying around in my directory.
>
> Is there a way have the publish routine delete these .orgx files after
> exporting,
> or is there a way to specify that they should be created in ~/tmp or
> something like that?

it should be fixed now.  .orgx files are no longer kept anywhere.

Thanks for spotting this,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Remove orgx files
@ 2011-07-27 16:04   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2011-07-27 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 27.7.2011, at 14:37, Bastien wrote:

> Hi Nathan,
>
> Nathan Neff <nathan.neff@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I've recently started using org-mode to export to html,
>> and I have empty .orgx files laying around in my directory.
>>
>> Is there a way have the publish routine delete these .orgx files after
>> exporting,
>> or is there a way to specify that they should be created in ~/tmp or
>> something like that?
>
> it should be fixed now.  .orgx files are no longer kept anywhere.

Hi Bastien,

I have not looked at you patch.  But the orgx files are produced for
index and sitemap (I think) purposes.  If a site has many files and the
index get recreated after republishing a single changed file, the orgx
files would be needed.

Cheers.

- Carsten

> Thanks for spotting this,
>
> --
> Bastien

* Re: Remove orgx files
@ 2011-07-28  9:25     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-28  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

> I have not looked at you patch.  But the orgx files are produced for
> index and sitemap (I think) purposes.  If a site has many files and the
> index get recreated after republishing a single changed file, the orgx
> files would be needed.

Of course, you're right.

Org now stores .orgx files as dotted files: .file.orgx to hide them in
the current directory.

Also, I've committed a change so that theindex.org is produced directly
instead of producing theindex.inc and including it in theindex.org.  It
feels more simple and this way theindex.org always get republished when
needed.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Remove orgx files
@ 2011-07-28  9:52       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2011-07-28  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jul 28, 2011, at 11:25 AM, Bastien wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I have not looked at you patch.  But the orgx files are produced for
>> index and sitemap (I think) purposes.  If a site has many files and the
>> index get recreated after republishing a single changed file, the orgx
>> files would be needed.
>
> Of course, you're right.
>
> Org now stores .orgx files as dotted files: .file.orgx to hide them in
> the current directory.
>
> Also, I've committed a change so that theindex.org is produced directly
> instead of producing theindex.inc and including it in theindex.org.  It
> feels more simple and this way theindex.org always get republished when
> needed.

Yes.  I think the include mechanism was so that people could write
their own wrapper file in their own style around the index.
I am CCing Stefan who was the driving force behind the index development,
he might have a comment.

- Carsten

* Re: Remove orgx files
@ 2011-07-28 15:30         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-28 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

> Yes.  I think the include mechanism was so that people could write
> their own wrapper file in their own style around the index.
> I am CCing Stefan who was the driving force behind the index development,
> he might have a comment.

I don't see Stefan in CC: -- maybe you added him in BCC?

In any case, I let Stefan DTRT here.

 Bastien

* Re: Remove orgx files
@ 2011-07-28 16:21         ` Stefan Vollmar