On Apr 17, 2008, at 6:32 PM, Seweryn Kokot wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to have the same abbrevs in org-mode and text-mode. > I defined text-mode-abbrev-table, but the abbrevs are invisible in > org-mode. I > know that message-mode inherits abbrevs from text-mode and it would > be nice to > have the same behaviour for org-mode. Any idea how to solve the > problem? > > Best regards. > Seweryn Kokot Hi Seweryn, this would be (add-hook 'org-mode-hook (lambda () (setq local-abbrev-table text-mode-abbrev-table))) This could be done by default, but people use Org for so many different things that I do not want to impose this. - Carsten