* New article on "Natural Project Planning with org-mode"
@ 2008-01-06  0:22 Charles Cave
From: Charles Cave @ 2008-01-06  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fellow org-moders....

I have written an article on implementng the Natural Project Planning
with org-mode.  This is a simplified project planning method
described by David Allen in his book "Getting Things Done".
I have discussed how to do Brainstorming using org-mode and some
idea prompting methods (Idea Quota, Six Questions and asking Why?)

The article URL is
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/Natural_Project_Planning.html

Naturally, I wrote it with org-mode and the source article is here:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/Natural_Project_Planning.org

Feel free to send me comments, and especially spelling and typographic
errors.

Table of Contents

     * Natural Project Planning and org-mode
     * The Natural Planning Model
     * Step 1. Purpose
     * Step 2. Envisioning A Successful outcome
           o The Power of Focus
           o Clarifying outcomes
     * Step 3. Brainstorming.
           o org-mode for brainstorming - idea generation
           o Setting quotas to generate ideas
           o Idea prompting
     * Step 4. Organising the ideas
     * Step 5. Next Actions
           o Activating TODO tasks
           o Adding your project file to the agenda file list
           o Setting a deadline and milestones
           o The PROJECT tag and your list of projects.
     * How much planning do you need?
     * References

Enjoy!
Charles

* Re: New article on "Natural Project Planning with org-mode"
@ 2008-01-06  6:07 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-01-06  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Charles,

thanks a lot for this useful writeup!  I am linking to it from the
tutorials page.

- Carsten