* org-table : some questions ...
@ 2008-04-18 13:17 Jose Robins
From: Jose Robins @ 2008-04-18 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Let me first setup the context for my question. I'm an electrical
engineer designing IC's (in San Diego, USA) and have a great need for
documenting my simulation data in a format similar to what I have
attached in the jpg file (and pasted below)...

The snapshot below  was using  built-in table-mode in emacs. The key
reason I used table mode instead of org-table to document this data was
due to the ability to have some columns be merged (or "spanned" in
table-mode terminology) in some rows. However I find org-table's
features a bit more intuitive and would prefer to use that instead.  In
fact I started off with documenting data in org-mode and finally
converted that to table-mode because of the exact reason that I
mentioned above.

Question(s):
1.  Is there a way that I could achieve this sort of column spanning in
org-table mode?
2. Or is there an alternative way of arrangement using org-mode to
achieve the same objective of data organization?
3. If not, would this be easy to implement (and useful enough for
others) to have such an option?

Thanks a lot,
Jose

Table of sims.

[-- Attachment #1.2.1: Type: text/html, Size: 1465 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.2: tmp6.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 61672 bytes --]

* Re: org-table : some questions ...
@ 2008-04-18 13:33 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-04-18 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wulfhomme13-rook; +Cc: org-mode