* Custom agenda view for specific time intervals
@ 2011-04-07 11:01 Konrad Hinsen
From: Konrad Hinsen @ 2011-04-07 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is there a way to create custom agenda views for specific time intervals, such as "May 2011" or "the month following the current month"? Interactively, I can create such a view using org-agenda-month-view, but I need to formulate this as a custom view to feed to mobile-org.

Konrad.

* Re: Custom agenda view for specific time intervals
@ 2011-04-08 16:50 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-04-08 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konrad Hinsen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Konrad,

Konrad Hinsen <konrad.hinsen@fastmail.net> writes:

> Is there a way to create custom agenda views for specific time intervals,
> such as "May 2011" or "the month following the current month"?

A combination of `org-agenda-start-day' and `org-agenda-span' should do.

See the example from the manual:

,----
| From the command line you may also use
|      emacs -f org-batch-store-agenda-views -kill
|    or, if you need to modify some parameters(4)
|      emacs -eval '(org-batch-store-agenda-views                      \
|                    org-agenda-span month                             \
|                    org-agenda-start-day "2007-11-01"                 \
|                    org-agenda-include-diary nil                      \
|                    org-agenda-files (quote ("~/org/project.org")))'  \
|            -kill
|    which will create the agenda views restricted to the file
| `~/org/project.org', without diary entries and with a 30-day extent.
`----

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Custom agenda view for specific time intervals
@ 2011-04-11 13:08   ` Konrad Hinsen
From: Konrad Hinsen @ 2011-04-11 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

>> Is there a way to create custom agenda views for specific time intervals,
>> such as "May 2011" or "the month following the current month"?
>
> A combination of `org-agenda-start-day' and `org-agenda-span' should do.

org-agenda-start-day is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Konrad.