On 12.9.2013, at 19:49, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Matt Price writes: > >> inside a drawer, when I try to make a lit, org-meta-return doesn't >> seem to create a new ist item, but instead just indents the next line >> without also inserting a "- ". Is this a bug? THanks, > > I think it is a bug, indeed. > > There's this condition in `org-meta-return', but I'm not sure why it is > here. Probably historical reasons. Well, it is to avoid that a new headline would be made inside a drawer, because it would violate Org syntax. But of course, it would be OK to insert an item. What would be a good solution? Maybe we better catch this problem in org-insert-heading? Or maybe not at all? We also do not catch it in src block, for example. So I am fine with removing this condition in org-meta-return. - Carsten > > (cond > ... > ((or (org-at-drawer-p) (org-in-drawer-p) (org-at-property-p)) > (newline-and-indent)) > ...) > > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >