From: Torsten Wagner <torsten.wagner@gmail.com>
To: Charles Berry <ccberry@ucsd.edu>
	Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Where does org-mode elisp hacking go?
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 10:52:03 +0100	[thread overview]

if I have a project based on org which require some special settings (not
only in lisp) I use a babel block and execute it after loading the file. I
did this e.g. to set my Java environment correct

If I remember correctly, we discussed once an autoload feature for
org-babel, but security concerns overruled that idea.
If some autoload feature should ever land in the repro, one would have to
make sure that the code can't be manipulated e.g. by an external editor.
This would come close to creating org-babel-viruses ;)

One possible idea which jumps just to my mind, how about a combination of a
babel blocks and org-encrypt?
Encrypted babel blocks with a certain tag could be considered save for
execution immediately after the user authentication during loading a
certain buffer. I guess most of the functionality (tag, encryption,
block-execution) is there already, it just would need some glue to put it
together and a hook into opening of org-mode files

Hmmm..... I think I put Eric CC :)

Other then this I have a .init.el which simply loads many other lisp files,
one of them is init_org.el
If you frighten that emacs start-up might be to much delayed you might want
to check the daemon / emcasclient feature of emacs.

All the best
Torsten