Hi, yeah, org-mode is extremely flexible. I guess by time one can map all kind of different aspects of teaching to org-mode. I'm a bit concerned about the long-time support. Org-mode is a very active project. I guess I can't assume that I can generate my 5 year old export files without modification with a current release. However, my older colleagues taught me by example, it should be still better compared to any proprietary file. Thanks for the input. Torsten On 11 March 2013 16:40, W. Greenhouse wrote: > Hi Torsten, > > Torsten Wagner writes: > > > Actually the topic is not exactly OT, I'm looking for a "meta-system" > > which helps me to keep all those different things together. > > Hopefully, in a way which allows me to generate different kind of > > course material from the same sources. > > I was wondering, can org-mode be such a "meta-system" e.g. could I > > keep materials of a certain topic within a single org-file and use > > (customized) exporters to create the desired outputs like a > > interactive HTML version, a printable PDF, exercises and questions > > for exams? > > Org should be ideal for this. Each subtree can be configured with its > own export settings, so e.g. you can use a different LaTeX style for the > lecture slides, exams, and problem sets. > > Don't forget also that you can measure student progress in this file, > too :) Org has a spreadsheet, and you could use it as a grade book if > you wish. > > -- > Regards, > WGG > > >