* [babel] transfer a list of tables to a source code block
@ 2013-07-25 21:26 Torsten Wagner
From: Torsten Wagner @ 2013-07-25 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a few functions defined with babel, which need to work on an list of
tables.
At the moment I use something like :var table1=<name1> :var table2=<name2>
etc.

As you can see this is rather inflexible.
I am looking for a way to receive a list of tables, whereas table[0] would
refer to the first table, etc.

Does someone know how to achieve this?

To make the best use of both worlds, I thought it would be nice to define a
list which contains the names of the tables and somehow manage to access
the tables from this list.

#+NAME: listoftables
- name1
- name2
- name3

#+CALL: myfunction(lst=listoftables)

I tried to play around with this idea but did not get a solution yet
For the moment I receive the names of the tables only as a string and
search for ways to actually transfer the table itself.

Thanks for ideas and thoughts...

Torsten