Hi Tristan, this feature request seems simple to implement on one side. However, it opens a question how to deal with those in general. \ruby{東} is a very specific command of the CJK package. If this get's implemented in the standard html exporter, other very special commands might need to follow. That could easily go into a nightmare. I do not have a detailed view how the exporters work now, thus, it is a interesting question I want to ask here: How should specific needs for exporting (like Tristans) be embedded in the future. People could fork exporters. Creating e.g. a HTML-CJK exporter. Even better would be to have exporter modules which could be loaded by users. #+HTML_MODULES CJK, However, I believe that for many users, the special cases are not very frequent and complex. Might it be possible to create a very simple syntax for exporting rules which could be either in those above modules or directly within the file written by the user themself? #+HTML_USER_RULE \ruby{$1}{$2}, $1 ($2) <\ruby> Would like to hear what other think about that. Greetings Torsten On 28 May 2013 00:41, T.T.N. wrote: > Hi, > > So this is my first try to post to the mailing list. I Love Orgmode, you > guys are the best! > > I would like to use orgmode to capture japanese text to later export to > latex, html and epub. > For japanese symbols, sometimes the pronounciation is put in smaller > letters above the symbol to help the reader. > These are called ruby in general in typesetting (in japanese, they are > also called furigana/yomigana, which I put in the header so not everybody > thinks of the programming language..) > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/**Furigana > > In Latex, using CJK and ruby packages, This exports ok. > (A problem being that japanese text in headers doesn't. But i guess that's > another (and rather Latex, not orgmode-specific) topic. > > Now, my feature request would be to make the html exporter interpret the > latex command > \ruby{symbol}{reading} > as: > symbol (reading**) <\ruby> > > as suggested here, for parentheses on non-ruby supporting browsers: > http://xahlee.info/js/html5_**ruby_tag.html > > > For the org-mode file (you might see some blank squares if you have no > japanese support): > Here a minimal working example for export: > > ### > #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage[CJK, overlap]{ruby} > #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{CJK} \end{CJK} > #+LATEX \begin{CJK}{UTF8}{min} > > "\ruby{東}{ひがし}アジア" means east asia in japanese > #+LATEX \end{CJK} > ### > > > All the best, and keep on rocking my world in plain text! =) > > > > > > >