The purpose of the M-RET binding is to allow quick splitting of long headlines generated during rapid brainstorming e.g. * Common pets are cats and dogs Can be quickly converted using M-RET to: * Common pets are * cats and * dogs This is a short distance from * Common pets * cats * dogs This used to be in the documentation, and I use this function all the time. I'd hate to lose it. On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 12:50 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Allen Li writes: > > > I believe Emacs does intelligent remapping; for example if you type > > M-return in GUI Emacs, if there are no bindings for M-return it will > > look up the binding for M-RET. Therefore simply binding M-RET and > > removing the M-return binding is "better"/"cleaner". This is a hugely > > trivial nitpick, but I thought I'd point it out > > Done. Thank you. > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou > >