Follow up: at almost the end of my previous message I meant to say that: "...by: changing the name of the file, updating agenda with g and pressing * R[emove]*. Then this file is also not picked up any more; not under the new name or, if I change the name back, under it's old name." Sorry for any confusion. /Tor 2013/10/23 Tor Eriksson > Hello all, > > I have searched the web without finding a solution to the following > problem: > > I am using this snippet in my .emacs.d (using emacs starterkit) to > dynamically and recursively load all org files in the directory > "important-directory" and any subdirectory of this directory: > > (load-library "find-lisp") > (setq org-agenda-files (find-lisp-find-files "/home/user/important-directory" "\.org$")) > > The snippet comes from http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html > > This set-up has worked fine for more than two years; every time I add a > new subdirectory with an .org file, this file gets picked up for the agenda. > > My problem is that now suddenly, one subdirectory with an .org file does > not get picked up and I can not for the world figure out what is wrong. > > I had a file important-directory/sd/file.org that was picked up by the > snippet. Then, without restarting, I changed the name to file-2.org. When > refreshing the agenda with "g" it complains that the file is missing: > "Non-existent agenda file ..../file.org. [R]emove from list or [A]bort?". > > I chose Remove, thinking that restarting emacs with the snippet would pick > up the new file name instead. > > However, what happens is that the new file name is not picked up. If I > restart/run snippet, org-agenda-files is built but without the new file. > > I tested to see if some other code were responsible by commenting out the > snippet with ;;. Upon restart org-agenda-files was not built/created as > expected. Uncommenting the snippet and org-agenda-files was back but still > without the new file file2.org. > > In fact, now I can not get the snippet to pick up *any *new .org file in > the directory .../important-directory or subdiretory! Even when the new > .org file sits adjacent to a file that is picked up by the snippet. > > Also, if I do the same procedure again to another file that is picked up > by the snippet by: changing the name of the file, updating agenda with g > and pressing Abort. Then this file is also not picked up any more; not > under the new name or, if I change the name back, under it's old name. > > This is causing serious trouble to me, since I use this system to keep > track of deadlines that are really important. > > Does anybody have any ideas? > > Kind regards, > > Tor >