Hello, The reason why auto-completion with auto-complete-mode is slow might be because of flyspell-mode. Do you use it by default on org-mode by any chance? I tried disabling flyspell-mode and got good results.(Not as fast as pabbrev-mode but fast enough) I also posted an issue here https://github.com/auto-complete/auto-complete/issues/435 the M-x profile-start, M-x profile-report was really helpful here. Best regards, Jeremie On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 6:33 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote: > On Friday, 18 Mar 2016 at 13:14, Jérémie Juste wrote: > > Hello, > > > > I'm using auto-complete in > > org mode but I notice that there is more delay in the completion in > > org-mode than in text mode for example. > > I used to use auto-complete but gave up for just this > reason. Interestingly, in my initialisation file, I have the following > comment: > > ;; latest version 1.3.1 is too slow; back to 0.2.0 > > In any case, I use pabbrev instead which may suit you. > > However, if you find a solution to the speed problems with > auto-complete, do let us know! > -- > : Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.91.1, Org release_8.3.4-626-gb62d55 > -- Jérémie Juste