Excellent idea! I frequently use Eclipse and, although I do always have an Emacs open, the idea of seamlessly using org-mode inside Eclipse is very attractive... -- Bill On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 12:44 PM TEC wrote: > > A little progress update. > > https://github.com/tecosaur/org-lsp now exists. > > I have no idea what I'm doing, so if anyone has feedback on the current > idea, that would be much appreciated. > > TEC writes: > > > Hi Everyone, > > > > From the Org standardisation effort the idea of using Emacs as the basis > > of an LSP server for Org has been mentioned a few times. > > > > I thought this deserved it's own thread so here it is :) > > > > I'm quite keen to investigate the viability of this idea. > > Some key questions that I think need addressing are: > > 1. How can we 'package' Emacs into an LSP client? > > 2. Assuming we use some language as the basis for the host how do we > > want to pick it? LSP library? Lisp? Are there any outstanding > > contenders. > > 3. How much effort is involved? Is it worth it to try to make Org more > > approachable* (without Emacs)? > > > > Lastly, but perhaps even more crucially --- who would be interested in > > working on this? I certainly am, but this feels like something that > > would be more viable with a small working group. > > > > Who's interested? > > > > Timothy. > > > > > > * I can't help but think that this hypothetical LSP server may serve as > > a 'gateway drug' to Org in Emacs 😉 > > >