Hi Org-mode Community, I can't get the example in section 7.1 of the org-mode manual to work as I expect. Perhaps someone can help me see what I'm doing wrong. I tried creating this buffer: * CD collection ** Classic :PROPERTIES: :GENRES: Classic :END: *** Goldberg Variations :PROPERTIES: :Title: Goldberg Variations :Composer: J.S. Bach :Artist: Glen Gould :Publisher: Deutsche Grammophon :NDisks: 1 :GENRES+: Baroque :END: Then I set the org-use-property-inheritance variable to include GENRES. Then I wrote the following function (defun bill-test (property) "print all inheirited properties" (interactive "MProperty: ") (message (concat property " = " (org-entry-get (point) property t)))) Which prints "GENRES = Baroque" when I run it with the point on Goldberg Variations, based on the manual I expected this to print "GENRES = Classic Baroque”. While I think they should all do the same thing, I also tried the following ways of calling org-entry-get just in case all with the same result. (org-entry-get (point) property 'selective) (org-entry-get nil property t) (org-entry-get nil property 'selective) I'm using org-version 7.8.09 on Windows with emacs "GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601) of 2011-03-10 on 3249CTO". Any pointers about what I'm doing wrong would be great. Thanks, ~>Bill