Hi Bastien and Timothy, Thanks for taking a look at this. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. First: I've started the FSF assignment process. I'd be happy to ping again on this thread again once I hear back from there, if we need to wait for that to complete. Second: I indeed do use this patch regularly. I use these final hooks to provide the same windmove bindings that I use regularly outside org-mode too. Specifically, I use windmove with `(windmove-default-keybindings 'meta)` which means that rather than the "standard" default (of shift-direction keys for which the solution for the keybinding conflict in https://orgmode.org/manual/Conflicts.html is to use the shift*-final-hooks), I use meta-direction keys, and thus need to have a meta*-final-hooks, to be able to continue using windmove alongside org-mode. Thanks again! Cheers, Jay On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 9:24 AM Bastien wrote: > Hi, > > Jay Bosamiya writes: > > > Similar to org-shiftup-final-hook, org-shiftdown-final-hook, etc, I > > have added org-metaup-final-hook, org-metadown-final-hook, etc. > > Without a concrete example of why this would be needed, I suggest to > set this aside (i.e. no need to add this code just for consistency.) > > Jay, if you actually use this patch for your own needs, let us know > with an example. > > Thanks, > > -- > Bastien >