* oc-csl/citeproc: suffixes in cite links
@ 2021-07-16 20:40 Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2021-07-16 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode, andras.simonyi

(cc:ing Andras in case this issue maybe comes from citeproc)

I'm having some trouble with suffixes in cite: links when the oc-csl
exporter is enabled, e.g. with something like this:

#+cite_export: csl "/home/matt/src/styles/apa.csl"

this cite:
[cite:@GentilcoreTastetomatoItaly2009 ch4]

is rendered as:

(ch Gentilcore, 2009, p. 4)

on export to HTML (in a document with no print_bibliography directive).

BY contrast, ob-basic gives:

(Gentilcore, David, 2009 ch4)

Is oc-csl doing some extra work to process suffix, or is this likely an
issue with citeproc, or alternatively am I just not really understanding
what ought to be happening?

Also, are other people seeing this same issue? I don't have a testing setup
that would allow me to easily run emacs -Q (given how much has to be
imported) so ... well, so, my apologies for not having done that.

THanks,

Matt

* Re: oc-csl/citeproc: suffixes in cite links
@ 2021-07-16 21:21 ` András Simonyi
From: András Simonyi @ 2021-07-16 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Price; +Cc: Org Mode

Dear Matt,

yes, oc-csl has to extract the locator information from the suffix
because CSL processors like citeproc-el work with structured locator
data. To help this extraction, ocl-csl (similarly to citeproc-org and
I think pandoc) defines a list of locator expressions to be used in
the suffix (see the commentary of oc-csl or the citeproc-org README),
for chapter one can currently use "chap.",  "chaps." or "chapter" --
hopefully replacing the citation with
[cite:@GentilcoreTastetomatoItaly2009 chap. 4] will fix the rendering,

best regards,
András