Hi again Adam im pretty sure smart tab activates when im in org, when i issue C-h k i get this It is bound to TAB, , . (yas-expand &optional FIELD) Expand a snippet before point. If no snippet expansion is possible, call command `smart-tab'. and i also see smart tab in the mod line/ any clue? thx Z On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 6:12 PM, Adam Porter wrote: > Upon closer inspection I see that smart-tab-mode refuses to activate in > org-mode, so the behavior you're seeing probably is not caused by > smart-tab. > > For me, if the point is on an Org heading without text, like (point marked > by "|"): > > * | > lorem ipsum > > and I press TAB, Org indents the heading, cycling through the levels. If > there is any text after the * on the heading line, it cycles its visibility > instead. > > >