On Mar 31, 2015 9:53 PM, "Nicolas Goaziou" wrote: > The problem is that we're running out of interesting keybindings. Let me ask the question differently: as all reasonable key bindings are taken (a statement to which I tend to agree), is the suggestion of interactive functions to be added to the core of org-mode no longer appropriate? I.e. should I contribute them to Worg (with which I still need to familiarise myself) rather than suggesting them here? Or, asking about a middle course, what's the role of org's "contrib" directory? (Is it even suitable for something that is not a complete plugin of its own right, but rather just a single function?) > "C-c > j" is not an option since it is reserved to users. Sorry, this was unfortunate in my initial post. I didn't intend to hard-code this as the "default" key binding, but it was rather meant to be read as "if you like this function, you could bind it, for example, to ...". > Note that you can use > > (let ((h (org-find-property "CUSTOM_ID" custom-id))) > (when h (goto-char h))) > > instead of > > (org-link-search ...) > > for one less level of indirection. Thanks - makes sense. However probably not if I write a tutorial in the style of "if you want to do , then copy the following lines to your. emacs". But I think I should rather aim at Worg's "contrib" directory, with a short elisp file containing my function, plus a short HTML file explaining that there exists an elisp file containing a function that does - does this make sense? Cheers, and thanks for your advice, Christoph -- Christoph Lange(-Bever) http://langec.wordpress.com/about Sent from a mobile device; please excuse my brevity.