Hi, Attached is a _proof of concept_ for supporting AUTO in \usepackage{fontenc}. Just an idea of how things could evolve. This only uses a variable you can define as directory or file local to control what is generated in the LaTeX file. Could be expanded in the future to check #+language: Best, /PA On Mon, 22 Jan 2024 at 14:40, Juan Manuel Macías wrote: > Ihor Radchenko writes: > > > Juan Manuel Macías writes: > > > >> Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez writes: > >> > >>> +#+begin_example > >>> +,#+latex_class_options: [greek,spanish,oneside] > >>> +,#+language: es > >>> +,#+latex_header: \PassOptionsToPackage{main=spanish}{babel} > >>> +,#+latex_header: \usepackage{alphabeta} % to support greek script > >>> +#+end_example > >> > >> I think this example doesn't take advantage of the AUTO facility, which > >> is what the section is about. > > > Do you have any suggestions how to improve the patch? > > I would give an example that did include the AUTO 'facility', to unify > with the rest of the examples in the section: > > #+language: es > #+latex_header: \usepackage[greek,ngerman,AUTO]{babel} > #+latex_header: \usepackage{alphabeta} % to support greek script > > It is also said in the patch that this example is for pdfTeX, but it > works equally well for LuaTeX and XeTeX, since Babel and alphabeta > packages support both engines. However, the alphabeta package is not a > specific package for writing texts in Greek. Rather, according to the > package documentation: "The alphabeta package makes the standard macros > for Greek letters in mathematical mode also available in text mode." In > pdfTeX it is useful because you can enter the Greek input directly in > Unicode. But in LuaTeX or XeTeX it would be unnecessary, since Greek can > be written directly, without the help of additional packages. > > >> ... Btw, maybe it would be nice to extend ''AUTO'' to > >> latex_class_options and \PassOptionsToPackage? Something like: > > > > It would really be nice to have an ox-latex maintainer who is deeply > > familiar with LaTeX :) > > My knowledge of LaTeX (and Elisp) has huge gaps :-). Of course, I am > willing to learn everything I can. And, naturally, I would like to help > in any way I can. But my main problem (currently) is the lack of time to > dedicate myself to it. My presence on this list is intermittent, and > that for a maintainer is horrible. Maybe in a few months (spring > perhaps), when my personal situation stabilizes a little, I could > consider it... > > Best regards, > > Juan Manuel > > -- Fragen sind nicht da, um beantwortet zu werden, Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden Georg Kreisler Headaches with a Juju log: unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet