* LaTeX export. Substitute some headlines with arbitrary command
@ 2013-03-13 20:50 Andrey Yankin
From: Andrey Yankin @ 2013-03-13 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

I want arbitrary top level headline to be exported not as \section (or
whatever it is) but with some other arbitrary latex command.

I even do not want to use headline text. Just write \intro instead of
\section{...} in tex file.

I've tried some fiddling with :noexport: and :export: tags to hide output
for selected headlines. It didn't work.

Currently I'm heading to this metod: http://stackoverflow.com/a/9679105 of
creating my own parser.

Are there any easier solutions?

* Re: LaTeX export. Substitute some headlines with arbitrary command
@ 2013-03-13 22:49 ` Charles Berry
From: Charles Berry @ 2013-03-13 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Andrey Yankin <yankin013 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi!I want arbitrary top level headline to be exported not as \section
> (or whatever it is) but with some other arbitrary latex command.

[snip]

The filter mechanism might be a good choice.

Here is an example of modifying a headline:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/67667/focus=67706

* Re: LaTeX export. Substitute some headlines with arbitrary command
@ 2013-03-14  0:14 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-03-14  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrey Yankin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Andrey Yankin <yankin013@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I want arbitrary top level headline to be exported not as \section (or whatever it is) but with some
> other arbitrary latex command.
>
> I even do not want to use headline text. Just write \intro instead of \section{...} in tex file.
>
> I've tried some fiddling with :noexport: and :export: tags to hide output for selected headlines. It
> didn't work.
>
> Currently I'm heading to this metod: http://stackoverflow.com/a/9679105 of creating my own parser.
>
> Are there any easier solutions?

Have you tried customizing the org-latex-classes variable? I'm not quite
sure what you are trying to do (an example would help), but I don't see
any obstacles.

Nick

* Re: LaTeX export. Substitute some headlines with arbitrary command
@ 2013-03-14  5:14   ` Andrey Yankin
From: Andrey Yankin @ 2013-03-14  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Sorry if it wasn't clear.
I should have illustrate this.

Input:

* Headline 1
** Node 1.1
  Content 1
* Headline 2
  Content 2
* Headline 3
  Content 3
* Headline 4
  Content 4
* Headline 5
  Content 5

Desired output:

\intro
\subsection{Node 1.1}
  Content 1
\section{Headline 2}
  Content 2
\section{Headline 3}
  Content 3
\section{Headline 4}
  Content 4
\conclusion
  Content 5

First and fifth top headlines output is replaced. And others are defaults.
All children keep the same.

@ 2013-03-14  6:17     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-03-14  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrey Yankin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Andrey Yankin <yankin013@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry if it wasn't clear.
> I should have illustrate this.
>
> Input:
>
> * Headline 1
> ** Node 1.1
>   Content 1
> * Headline 2
>   Content 2
> * Headline 3
>   Content 3
> * Headline 4
>   Content 4
> * Headline 5
>   Content 5
>
> Desired output:
>
> \intro
> \subsection{Node 1.1}
>   Content 1
> \section{Headline 2}
>   Content 2
> \section{Headline 3}
>   Content 3
> \section{Headline 4}
>   Content 4
> \conclusion
>   Content 5
>
> First and fifth top headlines output is replaced. And others are defaults.
> All children keep the same.

OK - I don't think you can do this with org-latex-classes: there is no
provision for exceptional cases there. Charles Berry suggested filters:
maybe something can be done with that.

FWIW, I would just wait until the last minute and then when it's time to
produce the final pdf, I'd replace the two headlines by hand - but that
assumes that the document is a one-off, do-it-once-and-never-again kind
of thing.

Nick

@ 2013-03-14  8:07       ` Andrey Yankin
From: Andrey Yankin @ 2013-03-14  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)